Friday, August 5, 2016

Life Things

It's been a too long since I posted last and let's just say, life has had its ups and downs.

About a year ago I had a foot injury and it got worse before it finally started to get better. I can officially say I am on the mend, but as my doctor told me, soft tissues takes a long time to heal and there are still plenty of days of recovery ahead of me.

At the time I finally started to heal, I got a new job... and it's pretty amazing.
I now work at a company making artwork for games and apps.
It is so fun and I get to work with really awesome people who are super chill and easy to work with.

Since graduating, I have worked at 3 jobs that allowed me to make pretty cool things, but didn't really fulfill what I was really wanting to do. I mentioned in Will Terry's interview that I didn't really have a sure idea of what I wanted, because all options of children book, animation and gaming sounded appealing. But people around me kept telling me I had it pretty good and that I should be grateful that I had a job in art at all. But I knew I would be lying to myself if I did that. So I kept at it, looking for that dream job that made me happy. Some peoples would be happy in the previous jobs I had, but my personality, passions and goals in life are different than theirs. In no way one better than the other, just different.

So now, I'm in a job that allows me to do all those things I mentioned in Will's interview. I'm creating characters and environments for interactive children books that allow for mini games and I'm learning  a little animation along the way! I look forward to sharing work projects as those games are released.

On the side I have also been able to work on some freelance projects and I hope to share those soon too.



(Title page I created for a freelance Children's Book project)


No comments: